Did you ever wonder what is like to be an actress? No, not a Hollywood movie star, just one of the remaining 90% of the players... Here, you're gonna find the answer! Welcome to my life, Umberta, actress not (yet) a star!


Translate

Find your favorite posts

3.12.2015

Les oiseaux se cachent pour mourir

We've got a very sweet old lady as a neighbor. From time to time, I have a little afternoon chat with her, she's a very interesting lady, she tells me about life during war time or about her many travels, she's been like everywhere in the world!
And one of these afternoons, she lent me a book as she thought I would have liked it. And she was right! ;)
The book is "The thorn birds" from the Australian writer Colleen McCullough. I read it in French, the title is "Les oiseaux se cachent pour mourir".
It's exactly the kind of book that I like: the destiny of a family over several generations, with love, drama and action. 
It's the story of an Australian family and an Irish priest. And I won't say more. Guys, you really have to read it! I never heard of this book before, but apparently it's well known, they also made a tv show from it... So maybe you already read it...
It's a very beautiful story and as it continues over several years you have the time to really get attached to the characters, to choose who you prefer and who you can't stand and you can't wait to take back the reading where you left it to meet with them again and to know what's happening in their lives. It's like when you watch a tv serie.
Plus, the story take place in Australia and as I'm right now planning our honeymoon in this country I was really feeling there with them. 
And now that I finished it I'm kinda sad... I miss Meggie (my favorite character) and I would like to spend time with her again...
Let me know what do you think about it if you're gonna read it or if you already have! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...