Did you ever wonder what is like to be an actress? No, not a Hollywood movie star, just one of the remaining 90% of the players... Here, you're gonna find the answer! Welcome to my life, Umberta, actress not (yet) a star!


Translate

Find your favorite posts

8.05.2016

Surf in Biarritz, a picnic in Guethary & walk to the lighthouse

Grande Plage Biarritz

How good is it to wake up, wear your wet suit, jump on the scooter & head to the beach?! 

Honestly everyday should start like this!


Although, after the delicious but huge dinner of the previous night... I had some problems in getting up on my board, as you can see... haha

Surfer falling in the water

Anyway, after a little hour I started feeling lighter, kept on working on my backside - something I'm trying to improve since our surf trip to Essaouira - & took a wave really well :)) hoped for hubby to take a picture of this glorious moment... which he didn't! 

Surfer in Biarritz, France

Honestly, we always have so many pics of him & so many few of me... ;p but I know, I'm not the only one with this problem ;)

Happy surfers in Biarrtz

We then headed to the nearby town of Guethary to have a picnic lunch on the beach. We heard that Guethary is a well-know spot for advanced surfers & we hoped we could see some of them in action.

The beach in Guethary, France

Unfortunately, there were no waves nor surfers, but maybe we weren't in the right place, anyway we found a very nice spot to relax in the sun & have lunch.

Picnic on the beach in Guethary, France

The beach in Guethary, France

& coffee ;)

Picnic on the beach in Guethary, France

We sat there for a while, looking at the blue horizon...

the beach in Guethary, France

the beach in Guethary, France

the beach in Guethary, France

the beach in Guethary, France

Once we soaked up enough sun, we took the road back to Biarritz, admiring the view along the way. 

Yet from the top of Guethary you can enjoy the panorama & view all the little towns along the coast until Biarritz.

Côte des Basques

Côte des Basques

We asked a guy if he could take a photo of us & when I showed him which button he had to press, he answered he knew as he was a photographer... Now, my experience is that when a stranger says he's a photographer, it's better if I take the picture myself using the self-timer... This time was no exception... haha so this is the only pic of us with this beautiful panorama (I couldn't take a pic with the self-timer after asking the guy as I didn't want to upset him...).


We noticed that not only the beaches are beautiful in the Pays Basques, but the countryside & mountains are equally lovely :)

Countryside and mountains in the French Pays Basques

Countryside and mountains in the French Pays Basques

We wanted indeed take the train de la Rhune, a cute, old train that brings you up to La Rhune mountain to admire the view & have a walk, but it was closed due to the bad weather (although the weather wasn't bad anymore..). Anyway, we'll go there next time!

Another thing for the next time is this golf course, with this stunning view!

Golf course overlooking the ocean in Biarritz

Biarritz golf course

But there was no more time: hubby had to come back to Paris one day earlier because of some work issue :( 
On the other side, I've decided to remain in Biarritz one last day even if hubby was leaving.

So I sadly brought him to the train station, kissed him goodbye as if we were going to be separated for months & not only for 24h & go back to the city center. 
I had a remedy for the goodbye sadness: açai bowl!

Where to eat Açai bowl in Biarritz

Right in the city center, just in front of Galeries Lafayette, there's this tiny little place, run by a super nice Italian family, where they make açai bowl!! & other yummy fruit bowls & smoothies!

Fruit bowls and smoothies in Biarritz

Just for you know, I was so excited for that because in France it's almost impossible to find açai bowl. I can - difficultly - find frozen açai & prepare it myself at home, but there are not many places where you can enjoy it outside.

Where to have fruit bowls and smoothies in Biarritz

Fruit bowls and smoothies in Biarritz

Anyway, I went to Bali Bowls, grab my açai bowl & go to sit on the beach :)

Açai bowl from Bali Bowls in Biarritz, france

The main beach in Biarritz

Isn't that life?? :))

I had a walk along the beach, the first half of the beach was full of people, but the second half was almost empty.

The main beach in Biarritz

The main beach in Biarritz

Arrived at the very end of the beach, I hiked the beautiful, bloomy path leading to the lighthouse. 

The lighthouse in Biarritz, France

Garden under the lighthouse in Biarritz

Panorama from the lighthouse in Biarritz

I went there just to have a walk, I was not excepting such a view!

Panorama from the lighthouse in Biarritz

Panorama from the lighthouse in Biarritz

Panorama from the lighthouse in Biarritz

Panorama from the lighthouse in Biarritz

I also found some dream houses.


Honestly I can perfectly picture myself living in the beautiful house with the large windows, admiring the panorama from my living room, light a fire in the winter during a storm, grab my surfboard & walk to the beach with my love & my sweet dog, open the windows at night & listen to the crushing waves...



Yup I know, I got carried away... I don't even have a dog - yet - just for you to know...

Tired with this long walk, I came back to the hotel, where I enjoyed some pizza while watching some episodes of Mistresses, the new series I'm obsessed with... Have you watched it? 
It's a super girly series, just what I like, plus I'm totally in love with Harry - although I found him a bit old... <3

Anyway, if you liked Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, Pretty Little Liars... & you're looking for a new show to watch, you should totally go for Mistresses. Although, I'm warning you, it's highly addictive! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...