Did you ever wonder what is like to be an actress? No, not a Hollywood movie star, just one of the remaining 90% of the players... Here, you're gonna find the answer! Welcome to my life, Umberta, actress not (yet) a star!


Translate

Find your favorite posts

2.12.2015

Acting update


Hello guys,

thought it was time to give you a little update about my acting situation.

It sucks.

All is said.

I couldn't have said it in a better or easier way.

Honestly, it's always difficult but in this period it's worse.

I had 2 theatre plays that were supposed to start this year. For the first one, we don't have a theater.

The second one "Le casting des anges" is already performing since last year. The writer and director  of it, André Castillo, hired other actresses, including me, to form a second and a third cast, so that the play could be performed at the same time in and outside Paris.

I started the rehearsals in November and I was supposed to be on stage end December/early January.
I was happy, the show is nothing exceptional, but it was very fun to play, we were supposed to play several times per week, meaning I would have been visible, and perhaps also made some money.

So I learned like 40 pages of an extremely reach text, worked on the character... And then André decided to suspend our rehearsals for a couple of weeks at the beginning of December. We were supposed to restart at the beginning of January. But then agian, André sent us - me and another actress - an e-mail to postpone the rehearsals to January the 18th.

And after that, I had no more news.

It's honestly a pity how people in the business dare to treat actors…

I obviously tried to reach the director, if we can call him this way, but he's not answering my mails nor is he returning my calls…

Anyway, I guess my adventure with "Le casting des anges" is over before it even started.


I think that André hired too many new actresses and he's actually not having all the proposals from theaters outside Paris he thought he would have. So actually he doesn't need us anymore... But still, he could at least have the decency to say it...
I mean, we were working for him, for free moreover! We believed in his play...

Anyway that's it on the theatre side.

And on the cinema/tv one is dead calm!
Though I'm answering everyday to all the casting calls I see...

Sometimes I'm tired of fighting so much for nothing...

Anyway, let's cross the fingers for better times to come - I miss being on stage!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...