Did you ever wonder what is like to be an actress? No, not a Hollywood movie star, just one of the remaining 90% of the players... Here, you're gonna find the answer! Welcome to my life, Umberta, actress not (yet) a star!


Translate

Find your favorite posts

3.30.2014

Playing & rehearsing & playing & rehearsing & playing....

Here I am, 2 weeks after the beginning of "Happy birthgay papa!". 
The last 2 weeks have been really busy, funny, stressful, happy, tiring...we played and rehearsed and played and rehearsed and played and rehearsed...and had so much fun! ;)
And now I'm feeling confident in this role and I can't wait to be on stage every night. 
I was very tired too though. But now I'm finally beginning to feel good again! :)
And next week we're going to play everyday!!! We're lucky as the play's writer and director owns the theatre, so we can easily play and it's really cool to be able to play so often. Usually what is really difficult for theatre companies is to find a place for performing as one has to find a theatre and then has to pay for it and it's usually expensive...
Our play is light and funny; the is audience generally warm and I'm really happy while on stage. I hope so much this is going to work!
Plus a lot of close and even less close friends came to see me and this was just so nice and I felt really loved.
And here I have some pictures to share with you. Sorry for the quality, but they're all taken with the iPhone and in the darkness of the theatre. All considered quality is not even so bad! ;)
I'm gonna take some better pictures in the following days though. 
First of all meet the whole cast:

Me voilà, deux semaines après le début de "Happy birthgay papa!".
Les 2 dernières semaines ont été pleines, drôles, stressantes, heureuses, fatigantes... nous avons joué et répété et joué et répété et joué et répété... et on s'est bien amusés! ;)
Et maintenant, je me sens bien dans le rôle et j'ai hâte d'être sur scène tous les soirs.
J'ai été très fatiguée aussi. Mais là je commence enfin à me sentir bien à nouveau! :)
Et la semaine prochaine, nous allons jouer tous les jours! Nous avons de la chance car l'écrivain et metteur en scène de la pièce dirige aussi le théâtre,nous pouvons donc jouer facilement et c'est vraiment cool de pouvoir jouer si souvent. Normalement, ce qui est vraiment difficile pour les compagnies de théâtre c'est d'avoir un endroit où jouer car il faut trouver un théâtre puis il faut payer la salle et généralement c'cher...
Notre pièce est légère et drôle, le public est généralement sympa et je suis vraiment contente quand je suis sur scène. J'espère tellement que cela va marcher!
De plus, beaucoup d'amis proches et même moins proches sont venus me voir, c'était tellement gentil et je me sens vraiment aimée.
Et là, j'ai quelques photos à partager avec vous. Désolée pour la qualité, mais toutes les photos ont été prises avec l'iPhone et dans l'obscurité du theatre. Tout considéré en fait la qualité n'est même pas si mauvaise! ;)
Je vais prendre de meilleures photos dans les jours suivants.
Tout d'abord je vous présente l'équipe au complet :
The cast. From left to right and starting from the bottom: Sultana, Marilyn, Bazooka, Mr Lenoir, Marie-Ange et Chris!
Ready to go behind the scenes. What do I bring with me? Water (of course!) with a little bit of squeezed lemon in it, my iPod - so that if I'm stressed I can relax with music and compact powder - yes, I'm obsessed with the fear of having my nose shining...
Flowers...I had this beautiful and very big bouquet from my family the night of the premiere. I was really happy, as my family, except my dad, was against the fact that I become an actress... But I feel that now, knowing all the struggling and fighting I'm going through, they begin to understand me.To understand this is not a little girl's stupid dream, but really the only thing I want to do.

Fleurs... J'ai eu ce beau et très gros bouquet de la part de ma famille le soir de la première. J'étais vraiment contente car ma famille, sauf mon papa, était contre le fait que j'entame une carrière de comédienne. Mais j'ai l'impression que maintenant, en voyant comme je me bats, ils commencent à me comprendre. A comprendre ce n'est pas le rêve d'une petite fille stupide, mais vraiment la seule chose que je veux faire.
Relaxing during rehearsals!!
On stage! :)
I also play with the audience during the play. I really love this interaction with the audience indeed. :)

Je joue aussi avec le public pendant la pièce. J'aime beaucoup cette interaction avec le public en fait. :)
Me and my crown. I've always knew I was a princess! ;p 

Moi et ma couronne. J'ai toujours su que j'étais une princesse! ;p
 Backstage with the girls! // Dans les loges avec les filles!
Marilyn's little red dress is from Asos // La petite robe rouge de Marilyn est d'Asos.
Thank you from the girl without a face and the rest of the cast! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...