Did you ever wonder what is like to be an actress? No, not a Hollywood movie star, just one of the remaining 90% of the players... Here, you're gonna find the answer! Welcome to my life, Umberta, actress not (yet) a star!


Translate

Find your favorite posts

5.18.2012

That's the business...

Il y a 3 semaines j'ai reçu l'appel d'une directrice de casting, qui m'avait vue jouer l'année dernière, pour passer des essais pour un film. Déjà cela me faisait plaisir qu’au but d'une année elle se soit souvenue de moi. Et les essais se sont super bien passés en plus. En gros j'ai du faire ma scène juste une fois et son seul commentaire a été: "C'est vachement bien... Non, c'est vraiment très bien!".
Du coup j’étais super contente et pour une fois je croyais vraiment que le rôle était à moi, mais non... Là j'ai reçu un mail m'informant que finalement ça n'avait pas marché... C'est tellement injuste! Dans ce métier on peut faire les choses très bien, mais après  le choix des acteurs est tellement subjectif que cela ne suffit pas. Ça suffit que votre tête fasse penser le réalisateur à son ex copine ou à sa tante qu'il déteste... ou que dans la distribution il y ait déjà des actrices blondes et donc là il en faut une brune... Et on ne peut rien contre ça... :( 
Le coté positif c'est que quand même, vu que les essais se sont très bien passés, la directrice de casting pourrait penser à nouveau à moi dans le futur! Alors que quand on rate ses essais, bah c'est un peu plus embêtant! Les gens se souviennent de tout...
En tout cas je dois admettre qu’entre ça et l’histoire du festival de Niort le mois passé, je suis un peu démotivée là… Mais j’espère rebondir bientôt! ;)

3 weeks ago a casting director, who saw me playing last year, called me to audition for a movie. Yet I was very happy that after one year she thought of me. Then the audition went really well. Basically, I had to do my scene just once and her only comment was : “That’s so good…no I mean it, it’s really good!”.
Therefore I was very happy and for once I really thought the role was mine, but no… I just received an e-mail telling me that eventually it didn’t work. That’s so unfair! In this business one can do things very well but then the choice of actors is so subjective that acting good is not enough. Maybe your face makes the director think of his ex girlfriend or of his aunt he hates…or there are already other blond actresses in the cast and now a brunette is needed… And there’s nothing you can do against it… :(
The positive thing is that since the audition has gone very well, maybe the casting director will think of me again in the future! Whereas when you fail your screen test, well it’s a little bit more of a problem! People remember everything…
Anyway, I have to admit that after that and the Niort festival last month, I’m a bit demotivated right now… But I hope everything will be all right soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...